Welcome to the home page of the Algorithms and Computational Biology Lab.
We are interested in all aspects of the design and analysis of combinatorial
algorithms. Ongoing research includes:
- approximation algorithms,
- on-line algorithms,
- computational geometry,
- graph drawing,
- information retrieval,
- average-case analysis of algorithms,
- computational complexity.
We are especially interested in algorithmic problems arising in
computational molecular biology, such as:
- comparative genomics,
- SNP's and haplotype inference,
- genome-wide analysis of structures of gene families,
- DNA microarray analysis,
- genome-level gene dynamics.